I’ve been guilty of being a slave to the scale, especially when I first started my journey to getting in shape, losing weight, and improving my diet and food choices. Every time my weight fluctuated up a pound or two or if I didn’t lose weight any particular week, I’d be upset and feel like a loser.
I went from refusing to weigh myself for years (and letting the pounds creep up) to weighing every day. Don’t let your weight be tied to your sense of success with your fitness and health and your self-worth.
Instead, what are some nonscale victories?
- That flight of stairs no longer leaves you breathless.
- Your clothes are looser or you’ve even gone down a clothing size or cinched up your belt a notch or two.
- You’re drinking water instead of soda.
- You’re making healthier food choices without having to force yourself.
- You have more energy.
- You’re sleeping better because you’ve been exercising.
- You feel stronger.
- You have muscle definition.
- You’ve made exercise a habit.
- You’re able to come off of some of your meds.
- Your blood pressure is lower.
- You’re skin is looking brighter.
There are tons of other nonscale victories. What are some of yours? Let me know in the comments.